The idea of Congress was initiated in 2007 by Mr. Zbigniew Pelczynski - a politics tutor at Balliol and a fellow at Pembroke College. The first edition took place in Oxford. Each year, Congress is organised by a different society. Lasting for 2 days, gathering more than 400 Polish students in the UK from over 30 British universities, it continues to serve as a common platform for all members of the community.
In 2019, 12 years after the first edition, Congress returns to its birthplace - the City of Dreaming Spires - organised once again by Oxford University Polish Society.
Congress is based on five main activities:
- Keynote speaker addresses to shape the debate among Polish students in the UK
- Panel debates with representatives of Polish politics, business and culture
- Workshops with Polish young professionals to provide career opportunities
- Networking sessions to create a community of Polish students in the UK
- Social events that gather students and Polish professionals